News & Events
Watch our activity in one place
We are the first, most successful FEZ in the Baltics tax-free zone in Lithuania. In 2017 we were recognized by The Financial Times for having the world ‘s fastest on-site operation launch for our clients. See our numbers where we are today.
- Start of operations: 2002
- Total area: 412 ha. Full masterplan can be found here
- Business community: 100+ companies
- Clients: 45+ / List of major companies can be found here
- No. of countries represented: 19
- Jobs created: 5000+
- Total investments since start of operations: 778M Eur.
- State investment: 7,8M Eur.
- Revenue generated by Klaipeda FEZ companies in 2022: over 1,76bn Eur.
- Export in 2022: over 780M Eur.
- Contribution to National GDP: 2,1%
- Contribution to National Export: 1,6%
- Awards and achievements:
– Main Award for Digitization and Red Tape Reduction, Honourable Mention for Industry 4.0 and Positive Impact at Economic Zone Sustainable Recovery Strategies Awards 2021.
– Honourable Mention for EU Compliance, 5G connectivity 2021 / fDi Magazine Global Free Economic Zone of the Year Awards 2021.
– Bespoke Award for Sustainability 2020 / fDi Magazine Global Free Economic Zone of the Year Awards 2020.
– Honourable Mention for Investor Expansions, Local transport, Workforce Amenities, FlexStart / fDi Magazine Global Free Economic Zone of the Year Awards 2019.
– Bespoke Award for Investor Expansions, Investor Incentives, Economic Impact and Flexible Space / fDi Magazine Global Free Economic Zone of the Year Awards 2018.
– 1st place for Quick Launch Award 2017 / fDi Magazine Global Free Zones of the Year 2017.
– Commended for local cooperation at Global Free Economic Zone of the Year 2015.
– 5th place for Best Facilities and 19th in overall ranking at the Global Free Economic Zones of the Year 2010 by fDi Magazine.