News & Events
Watch our activity in one place
Improvement of Klaipėda FEZ infrastructure to attract foreign R&D companies
On 15 October 2021, UAB Klaipėda Free Economic Zone Management Company together with its partner, the Klaipėda City Municipality Administration, officially completed activities on the project “Improvement of Klaipėda FEZ Infrastructure for Attracting Foreign R&D Companies” (No. 01.2.1-LVPA-V-830-02-0002), which was launched on 22 December 2017.
The project was implemented with the main objective of attracting foreign capital R&D&I companies to the Klaipėda FEZ’s territory by creating infrastructure for attracting such companies, as well as developing and implementing a marketing concept.
The following construction works were carried out during the project:
- Construction of pedestrian and bicycle paths and open car storage areas along Pramonės and Verslo streets. Value of construction works – EUR 1,134,709.25, contractor – UAB VVAFF;
- Reconstruction of the existing ditch S-2-4 (Žydrė stream bed) and water supply network in Kretainio street. Value of construction works – EUR 57,729.23, contractor – UAB Terebro.
- Stage II of Verslo and Metalo streets with engineering networks. Value of construction works – EUR 2,038,395.62, contractor – UAB Kavesta.
- Reconstruction of the SMART infrastructure installation and street lighting networks located in the territory of Klaipėda FEZ. Value of construction works – EUR 494,886.00, contractor – UAB Telekonta.
The following product monitoring indicators have already been achieved during the project implementation period:
- Private investment corresponding to public support for innovation or R&D projects – EUR 179,136.35;
- The total area of public territories that have received investments – 31.01 ha;
- Industrial parks and/or FEZs with invested infrastructure – 1;
- Implemented marketing measures for industrial parks and/or FEZs aimed at attracting investors for R&D activities – 2.
Within five years after project implementation, three foreign companies will have to be attracted to the R&D&I field under the smart specialisation direction.
The project was financed under measure No 01.2.1-LVPA-V-830 “Smartparkas LT” of Priority 1, “Promotion of Research, Experimental Development and Innovation,” of the Operational Programme for Investment of European Union Funds 2014-2020. The project’s total eligible costs amounted to EUR 4,470,351.61, of which EUR 4,450,071.51 was allocated from European Union Structural Funds, while the project promoter’s funds amounted to EUR 20,280.10.