Yazaki – globally leading Japanese company has chosen Klaipeda FEZ its home since 2003. The company chose to open the manufacturing operations for electric wiring systems to use the advantage of Klaipeda’s talent pool and easy access to Scandinavia and Western Europe, mainly Germany and France.
For Yazaki, it takes up to 5 days to fulfil any Volvo order starting from creation of a technical task and finishing with delivery to the truck factory in Gothenburg, Sweden. They have recently started a project with another major client Mercedes Benz, for which they managed to hire 200 people in just 2 months.
UK found company Albright Lithuania have followed Yazaki in 2008 and opened their second international plant to serve their European market with electric switches and contactors for automotive industry.
In recent years the electric vehicles & component have been growing pretty fast in Klaipeda FEZ with the development of electric bus by Dancer Bus and newly joined German member Baltijos Eukutecas, which is the major supplier of electric wire system to Dancer Bus. Moreover, companies like Continental and Hella are about to open their manufacturing sites in Lithuania in 2019.
Our determined and qualified workforce has no trouble meeting both Albright's and our customers high standards.
We were attracted by the excellent infrastructure and roads suitable for heavy transport, plus the incredibly attractive environment which creates just the right impression for our business guests.
We are launching the world's lightest e-bus. Created, engineered by Klaipeda talent and assembled at Klaipeda FEZ. A fantastic product made in a superior location.
Our teams of highly skilled engineers, technologists, electronics and automation specialists do wonders. It’s not the first time that a manufacturing model developed by Yazaki’s team in Lithuania has been transferred to Yazaki’s global operations.
Key industry highlights within Klaipeda FEZ:
- Operations & products: R&D, product [electric bus] development and design, electric wiring system development and assembly, battery disconnecting switches, D.C. contactors, industrial sewing, upholstery and assembly for vehicle interiors, vehicle components testing and EU certifications.
- Major clients: Volvo Trucks, Renault Trucks, Mercedes Benz, Toyota, Daimler
- Major export markets: Germany, France, Denmark, China, Japan, UK, Netherlands and other Western EU countries.
- Annual turnover of FEZ based industry companies, 2017: 58,5M Eur, 15% annual growth
- Export value, 2017: 31M Eur, 23% annual growth